Updated 9.30.22 11:14AM
EVENT DAY TIMELINE
- 8:00 – 9:00 Tent sponsors can arrive to start setting up, 10:00 Ideal time to have tents setup
- 9:00 – 10:30 Player Registration/Brunch
- 10:30 — Shotgun Start (Teams will start at different holes and all start at the same time)
- TBD — Awards Social in 2021 this started around 4:30. We will have food, beverages, announce our golf winners, and door prize winners.
We will be sending a few text updates leading up to the event and also a few throughout the tournament day. If you would like to receive updates text Golf22 to 225-629-3010.
VENDOR MAP — Will be linked here
When you arrive, please make your way to Player Check-In at the Pavilion. There you will:
- Pick-up your player gifts from RJ Daigle, Westlake, and other sponsors
- Enjoy a brunch and beverage spread thanks to The Carli-Co Café
- Receive your cart and starting hole assignments
- Have the opportunity to purchase mulligans ($10 each, max 4/team) and Poker Run Cards ($20 each)
WHAT’S THE POKER RUN?
The Poker Run presented by Cox Business is another fun way to win during our golf tournament. Cards are $20, and the best hand will win half of the cash pot! Similar to 7-Card Stud Poker, you will pick 5 of your 7 cards to make your best hand. You will flip over cards at designated Poker Run locations as you make your way through the course. You will receive your last card at the scoring table at the Pavilion. Check the map and look for signage for the specific Poker Run locations. The winner will be announced during the awards social.
PAR 3 HOLE CONTESTS
All of our par 3 holes will have hole-in-one winning opportunities thanks to Ascension Golf Carts. Our Hole-In-One Grand Prize Contest will be located on hole number 8. Check out course signage for opportunities to win!
We are excited to have 24 tent vendors at this year’s tournament that will have food, beverages, prizes and more for you throughout the day. We’ll provide a map of vendors at Player Check-In
AWARDS SOCIAL PRESENTED BY HIGHWAY TRANSPORT
We will wrap-up our event with an awards social where we will recognize all of our winners of the day from door prize winners to specialty contest top finishers and our top teams. We will have catering from Off the Hook during the social.
TENT VENDOR CHECK-IN
- When you arrive, please head to the bag drop area to check-in. Pelican Point Staff will direct you to your setup location. They will have utility carts to assist with transportation of items if needed.
GOLF CARTS/TRANSPORTATION DURING THE TOURNAMENT
- Because we are at the cap of our team allotment, our golf cart inventory will be limited, and we cannot guarantee that there will be additional carts for our tent vendors. We will have volunteers assigned to areas of the course assisting with any transportation needs for our tent vendors.
- Please call/text me 225-290-0970 if you need a ride, and I can send a volunteer to get you if you don’t see one nearby.
RESTROOMS — Located at the clubhouse and near hole 4 and 14.
- As the tournament is wrapping up (approx. 4:00), you can start packing up your area. For those of you that do not have vehicle access to your hole (Holes 4, 8, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18), a volunteer or Pelican Point staff member will head to your area to help you transport your items back to the parking lot.
- Please remember that you need to collect your trash at the end of the event. You cannot leave bags of trash at your tent location. There are dumpsters located next to the clubhouse.
- If you are hosting a door prize that you want to announce, be sure to bring your contact collection and prize to the pavilion for the awards social. Meet Chamber staff to the side to lineup for door prizes.
CURRENT PAID TEAM REGISTRATIONS: 37 (148 Total Golfers)
CURRENT TENT VENDOR COUNT: 24
CURRENT LOCATION MAP
CURRENT LIST OF WHAT EACH TENT SPONSOR IS BRINGING
DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 — Tent Vendor Rules Form (linked here)
Please read and sign the form linked above, and then upload here.
Thank you to our tent sponsors who have already submitted forms!
- Adam McCarty State Farm
- Alinity Wealth Management
- Coleman Roofing and Construction LLC
- Didier Architecture
- Domain Architecture
- Garcia Roofing
- Impala Terminals Burnside
- Louisiana Federal Credit Union
- Pelican State Credit Union
- RJ Daigle & Sons Contractors
- The Bug Man
- The Relaxation Company at Pelican Point
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Our tent sponsors and the refreshments that you provide, are a huge part of what makes our tournament so fun! Typically, our tent vendors offer a beverage or food item (or both) to our golfers (Check the 2021 map for reference). To maximize everyone’s efforts, allow our golfers to enjoy more treats from more tents, and to minimize waste we have two recommendations for this year:
- If you plan to serve a food item, we recommend appetizer size food items. Keep in mind that we will have a brunch for our golfers prior to the start of the tournament, dinner during the awards ceremony and nearly 20 tent sponsors, so variety is always welcome! I will send an update once the survey responses start coming in on what others are planning to bring.
- We will have 2 beverage carts working the course with standard beer, soda, and water offerings, so we prefer that our tent vendors choosing to provide a beverage offer a specialty drink, craft beer, sports drink, etc.
- Door prizes are always an easy way to capture contacts and leads from the event. You can collect business cards at your tent and display your prize. We will announce the winners at the award ceremony.
Because we have some new tent vendors, here is a suggested tent sponsor checklist to get you started. Also, feel free to reference this photo album for any other ideas and inspiration: 2021 Ascension Chamber Golf Tournament FB Album