WHAT IS LEADERSHIP ASCENSION?
Leadership Ascension, like similar programs nationwide, is designed to develop responsible and informed community leaders. Recognized and emerging leaders in the community are selected to represent the diverse demographic of the Ascension Parish Community.
The 10-month Leadership Program strives to develop practical leadership skills while promoting personal growth. Sessions are held each month and cover topics including diversity, education, social concerns, health care, law enforcement, project management and government. The program begins with a teambuilding opening retreat and ends with a two-day closing retreat where the class presents their projects that are developed throughout the year.
Over 800 individuals ranging from business owners to government officials have completed Leadership since its inception in 1996. Many of these leaders participate on the Chamber’s Leadership Committee, Leadership Alumni Committee and Leadership Ascension Foundation that assist in planning, recruiting and steering this renowned program.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM LEADERSHIP ASCENSION…
- Thought-provoking sessions where we explore community issues and participate in processing what we’ve learned through class discussion
- An opportunity to develop leadership and interpersonal skills and team build with classmates
- An opportunity to work on real issues in your community
- Networking opportunities with the class, community leaders and Leadership Alumni
- Support and commitment from your facilitator, the Ascension Chamber of Commerce and the Leadership Alumni Program Committee
© Copyright 2017. Ascension Chamber of Commerce.