New Coalition Launches Effort to Prioritize Expansion of Highway 30
Adding capacity to Highway 30 is a critical investment for Louisiana
GONZALES, LA – A group of stakeholders comprised of local government officials, community leaders, industry representatives, and local business leaders announced Tuesday the formation of the Highway 30 Coalition. The coalition is focused on securing the needed funding and prioritization to accelerate the expansion of Highway 30 in Ascension Parish.
Highway 30 is currently a two-lane highway serving as the home to more than ten companies conducting business globally, that contribute to the local and state economy and produce roughly half a billion dollars in direct wages each year for residents in Ascension and nearby parishes.
“Highway 30 is an anchor in our local, state, and national economies. The current infrastructure of this roadway cannot support the rapid growth of our businesses and industries – if we want to ensure the continued expansion of our economy, we must prioritize this capacity building project. This essential corridor is driving Louisiana’s growth,” said Anthony Ramirez, Spokesperson for the Highway 30 Coalition and President & CEO of the Ascension Chamber of Commerce. “Adding capacity to Highway 30 is a critical investment for Louisiana – one that will not only support a dynamic and rapidly growing workforce, but also generate significant economic benefits for the entire state.”
The Highway 30 Coalition supports the following objectives:
- Educate and generate awareness of the importance of Highway 30 to the state’s economy and quality of life
- Support the promotion and advancement of the Highway 30 project with zero new taxes
- Explore and pursue all state and federal funding opportunities that expedite the timeline for expansion of roadway capacity by leveraging relationships and forming a unified voice
- Identify key project milestones to accelerate design, right of way acquisition, construction and permitting processes and engage state and federal agencies in expediting process, along with property owners along the corridor who can help advance the project
- Track adjacent and related transportation projects in the nearby vicinity that may ease the traffic congestion or provide alternative routes
- Highlight the project’s goals and outcomes that support the broader regional and statewide economic and mobility goals
The coalition will support its objectives through community outreach, education, and advocacy. To learn more about the Highway 30 Coalition, visit highway30coalition.org.