Just as the sugar coaxes out the flavor in everything it’s added to, the fusion of many influences and ethnicities in Ascension Parish adds flavor to its rich heritage of cultural and culinary traditions. These distinct accents and flavors are authentically tied to a “Sweet Spot” and the perfect location for your next staycation.
5 Sweet Things to Do in Ascension Parish
- Houmas House & Gardens – 40136 Hwy. 942 in Darrow
- tour estate & gardens, casual dining & buffet, turtle bar, and gift shop
- The Great River Road Museum –40136 Hwy. 942 in Darrow– at Houmas House & Gardens
- learn about the early life along the Mississippi River; exhibits, wax figures, & artifacts
- Cajun Village Shops & Coffee House – 6490 Hwy. 22 in Sorrento
- LA Specialty shopping, live alligators, breakfast & lunch
- River Road African American Museum – 406 Charles Street in Donaldsonville
- learn about the history & Culture of African Americans in south LA
- Historic Portals to the Past – 306 Mississippi Street in Donaldsonville
- walking or driving tour to learn about the history of Donalsonville dating back to the 1800s
More sweet things to do can be found on our website, visitlasweetspot.com, or stop by our Visitor Center: 6967 Hwy 22, Sorrento, LA 70778.