An engaging group of young professionals (21-40) hosted through the Ascension Chamber with opportunities for networking and professional development in a relaxed setting.
As the fastest growing parish in Louisiana with a strong business and industry base offering a variety of long-term career opportunities, there is a need to retain and grow young professionals in Ascension. Over the past year, a committee of young professionals have been working diligently towards a common goal – to create a strong community of up-and-coming leaders to foster and encourage professional development and personal growth opportunities. Through the Ascension Chamber, we are building that community with the Young Ascension Professionals group (YAP). Our target audience includes individuals working and/or living in Ascension Parish who are between 21 – 40 years of age with a desire to network, socialize, volunteer, and grow personally and professionally. We are focused on creating a social, yet meaningful organization that will support retaining the existing young professionals in Ascension Parish while also attracting new young professionals to the market. We strive to help develop tomorrow’s community, business, and Chamber leaders today!
The group hosts monthly meetings the with topics to include emotional intelligence, financial literacy, networking, understanding leadership styles, volunteering, a focus on wellness and mental health awareness, diversity, equity & inclusion, and many others.
YOUNG ASCENSION PROFESSIONALS COMMITTEE
- Brian Henderson, Chair, Hancock Whitney
- Tia Starr, Co-Chair, Ochsner Health System
- Katie Decker, American Cancer Society
- Branden Bennett, Methanex
- Chad Bourque, Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc
- Carley Cryer, Ascension Chamber of Commerce
- Jaycee Gill, Price LeBlanc PACE Center
- Jenna Jackson, Acadian House Design + Renovation
- Ashlen McGinnis, LA Threaux
- Brittney Nkadi, Elite Waste & Construction Services
- Nick Schexnayder, McKim & Creed
- Bree St. Germain, CF Industries